Total Pageviews

Monday, December 26, 2011

Annelise Simonsen is the artist who did the drawing for this custom glass panel. Her Mother Cindy Simonsen brought the outline of the turtles and coral to me to bring to life as an engraved glass panel. She felt the turtles represented her children moving away from home and moving forward in their lives. The turtles and background were brought to life using stone and diamond wheels and burrs. It gives the work a 3 dimensional look. The little fishes and bubbles were added to give the work some movement and bring it to life. Personally this panel also represented me moving forward with my engraving. At the time I received the commission I was very busy with a full time job and really didn`t think I would have the time. My engraving at the time was sitting on the back burner of my life. Cindy`s patience allowed me to finish it in my own time and it was very rewarding when it was finally done because she loved the final result. It then gave me the spark again to get back to my engraving even though I was busy with a full time job. I then moved forward to get my craft-membership at the Guild. This piece I have up on the guild site www.gge.org.uk (gallery of members) as my personal symbol of moving forward and is a very special one to me. I ran into Cindy at the recent craft fair and it reminded me to bring this up on the blog and talk about the special work that it is. Thank-you Annelise and Cindy for helping me to move forward in my engraving life. This is the reward of these special works. Out with the old.... I will be adding in the next while some of my older works and talk about them a little. I had an older website which was really a gallery of my older works. I started the blog so I could keep things current and work it myself. When someone else does a website for you it is not useful unless you can update it often, which wasn`t the case for me. It was a good one though, but just stayed dormant for too long. We must always move forward for success in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment