Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Botanicals

I love engraving botanicals. This vase was inspired by a very special patron and now friend, who is an avid gardener with an eye for beauty and quality. She is very involved as a "fog", friends of the garden at UBC Botanical gardens in Vancouver, B.C. She has brought some of my work to Vancouver to show and inspire others. This is a real boost for me as so much of my work involves educating people about Engraving in this part of the world. It is very popular in England (where most of my fellow engravers are) and recognized more overseas. I aspire to teach engraving in the not too far future and keep this ancient art alive. I gave her this vase as a gift, I could not resist, her enthusiasm and bright energy she gives to me at every meeting is invaluable to me as a working artist.



No comments:

Post a Comment