Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 2, 2010

first post



Happy New Year!! First I`d like to introduce you to our little pet chicken "Kansas" who lived joyfully with us for 17 years!! She has been a great source of inspiration, joy and happiness in our lives. When she passed away, to heal from the grief, I engraved a memorial of her. This memorial was sent to the Guild of Glass Engravers to be juried for my Craft Membership assessment. The engraving traveled to England and Back home to roost. With an interesting adventure on the way, first stopping in Australia and getting caught up in customs. Sending glass overseas is easy if you check the right boxes. I did not unfortunately. I should have mentioned it was coming back. Anyway, lesson learned, I passed the assessment and very proudly and happily received my Craft Membership to the Guild of Glass Engravers in London England. Its been a long time goal, finally accomplished and I feel very much a Professional Engraver and strive to get better and better. Its wonderful to be engraving full time now.

When little Kansas passed away, a rainbow was on her back coming from a prism engraving of her in the window. It was a very magical moment. This piece of glass I chose has beveled edges and shoots rainbows onto the engraving to simulate the moment she passed. This kind of pet memorial is a very meaningful thing and can be very healing also. I highly recommend it. I love to engrave pet memorials as I love animals and know how much this one means to me.

1 comment: