Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 24, 2010

The Rose and the Robin`s Nest



This is a decanter, custom engraved with a combination of stone and diamond burrs. It has a very special personal meaning to the client. She designed it and I brought it to life. With a marker she loosely gave it shape and placement on the decanter, which then made it very easy for me to jump in and engrave it. I love working with my clients this way, it gives me a clear idea and a jumping off point with confidence that you know its pretty much exactly what they vision. Bringing it to life is the fun part for me. Then my excitement for them to see it and love it is very rewarding to me and the reason I love the custom work. I added the ladybug on the stem because there is always lady bugs appearing in her house. Her house is surrounded by gardens in a rural community, so the ladybugs are dear and welcome little creatures who get free rides out to the garden on the roses where they belong.

No comments:

Post a Comment