Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Jenny

This piece is "Jenny" she is a beloved pet and long time companion who passed away and her owners asked me to do this memorial for her. She loved the ocean and would swim and swim every chance she got! One of her owners would go with her and run along the rocks to follow. They also have 3 adored hummingbirds who they care for and enjoy when they come back to the property every year. I portrayed Jenny as part of the ocean, waves washing through her as she watches over her companion on the beach. The 3 hummers are like angels who give comfort as they still come back every year at the delight of L. and Wm.
This piece is still in progress as it will become a lamp. I am currently looking into strip lighting that I can install within a hopefully driftwood and rock base. This work is very lightly engraved with stone wheels. The glass is a thick piece of recycled broken table top. Lovely for these kind of things or deep intaglio engraving as well. Thankyou L. and Wm. for letting me show Jenny before she is totally complete. I will post her again when she is in "lamp form".

No comments:

Post a Comment