Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Our Feathered Friends


Living on the creek on almost an acre, gives us such enjoyment and wonder on a daily basis and our special friends like the Pileated Woodpecker come back every year on almost the same day March 13. We spend the day in close proximity and watch him and photograph him. Of course we call him "Woody". We have many visitors like him and look forward to and celebrate their returns. A Kingfisher comes by quite often and makes quite an entrance and fishes little fishes out of the creek. They nest in burrows on the creek. I want to engrave all of them! We have many resident Robins and have named a few of the familiar ones. I like to do little engravings of them which make great tree decorations and suncatchers. These baby Robins were nesting eye level in our lilac bushes. There are so many different kinds of birds on the creek. I`ll engrave them all and share them on this blog! I have a collection of nests that fall out of the trees in big winds and they wind up being decorations in my studio. They are so beautiful!!

A wonderful article was written about me by our community journalist and a very good one at that! I`m very pleased with it and have had many compliments on it from all over including the Guild in England! They are sharing it with my fellow guild members as well! He really nailed it!! I`ve had an outpouring of encouragement and support from my community! I`m very fortunate to be living in such an inspiring magical place! www.mynaramata.com


No comments:

Post a Comment